Isaac Haxton is no stranger to reaching the final table of major poker tournaments. Finding himself in the winner’s circle is something Haxton has become accustomed to. It’s just as well then that Haxton finished in first place in a $5,250 buy-in event at GGPoker this weekend.
Only 30 players bought into the $5,250 Sunday High Rollers Special this weekend, but what a group of players they were. Such luminaries as Daniel Dvoress, Niklas Astedt, Dario Sammartino, and fifth-place finishing bubble boy Pedro Garagnani all fell by the wayside before any of the $150,000 prize pool was dished out.
Adrian Mateos was the first of four players to receive a payout. Mateos’ fourth-place finish came with $23,136 in prize money. Canada’s “RaiseUpBlind” was the next to fall, their exit in third-place locking in $30,853.
The Canadian’s exit left Haxton heads-up with the one and only Michael Addamo, who has an incredible record in GGPoker tournaments. The heads-up duo struck a deal before playing on for the glory of winning. The glory was all Haxton’s as he defeated Addamo, banking $47,299 in the process. Addamo walked away with a slightly larger $48,709 thanks to the deal the pair of poker Goliaths struck.
$5,250 Sunday High Rollers Special Final Table Results
*reflects a heads-up deal
rimony Bags $140,355 Prize in the GGMasters High Roller
This week’s $1,050 GGMasters High Roller saw 889 players buy in and Canada’s “rimony” outlast them all. Victory came with $140,355 in cold, hard cash, one of two six-figure prizes awarded in this tournament.
Each of the nine finalists turned their $1,050 investment into at least $15,393, Alessandro “MonkeyD93” Pichierri scooping that particular sum.
“Dripbayless,” “thesweetlife,” and “luka magic 77” each crashed out one after another, the latter reeling in a $35,261 haul for their efforts.
$46,482 went to “TugaStallion” of Turkey for their fifth-place finish before Costa Rica-based grinder Robert Lipkin got his hands on a $61,273 fourth-place prize.
Georgji “fckgenius” Zaripov busted in third, which saw his GGPoker account balance swell by $80,771 in addition to sending the tournament heads up. Here, rimony and “ImS0Lucky” clashed in what was essentially a $34,000 heads-up sit and go! A lack of a deal meant ImS0Lucky had to make do with a $106,474 score, which left rimony to claim the last $140,355 of the $1 million prize pool.
$1,050 GGMasters High Roller Final Table Results
|3||Georgij “fckgenius” Zaripov||Austria||$80,771|
|4||Robert Lipkin||Costa Rica||$61,273|
|6||luka magic 77||Mexico||$35,261|
|9||Alessandro “MonkeyD93” Pichierri||Turkey||$15,393|
Other Notable GGPoker Scores on June 20
- Mykhailo “MIRKL” Sezonenko – first-place in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $97,671*
- Fabio “miss lizete” Mello – first-place in the $105 Bounty MILLION$ for $67,377*
- Ryuzaki1 – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $58,116
- Steven “Shining Wit” Vollers – first-place in the $50 Global MILLION$ for $57,194
- Batista227 – first-place in the $250 Sunday Main Event for $39,066
- DinhoDibre10 – first-place in the $315 Sunday Bounty King for $38,364*
- Leonard “LottoLarry” Maue – first-place in the $525 Sunday High Rollers for $34,080
- green balcony – first-place in the $3,150 High Rollers Blade Bounty King for $31,939*
- RaiseUpBlind – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Heater Bounty for $24,504*
- Matas Cimbolas – first-place in the $300 Sunday Marathon for $24,384
*includes bounty payments