Two men are killed and EIGHT injured after two people in a crowd started shooting in Minneapolis 


Two men are killed and EIGHT injured in Minneapolis gunfight as city sees violent crime spiral in wake of George Floyd’s murder and vow to disband its police force

  • The shooting unfolded along 300 block of N 1st Ave in downtown Minneapolis just before 2 am Saturday morning 
  • Minneapolis Police said it started when two people standing in a crowded area got into a verbal fight, pulled out guns and started shooting  
  • The 10 people shot included five men and five women, all adults
  • Two people killed are men, while another male is in critical condition
  • The remaining seven victims have non-life-threatening injuries
  • No arrests have been made and the victims’ identities have not been released

Two men have been killed and eight others injured after two people in a crowd got into an argument, pulled out guns and started shooting each other in Minneapolis.

The mass shooting unfolded in the early hours of Saturday morning along the 300 block of North 1st Avenue in the downtown area of the city, reported KSTP.

The 10 people shot included five men and five women, with all the victims confirmed as adults. 

The two people killed are men, while another male is in hospital in a critical condition. The remaining seven victims have non-life-threatening injuries and are expected to survive. 

Two men have been killed and eight others injured after two people in a crowd got into an argument, pulled out guns and started shooting in Minneapolis. Pictured the scene

Minneapolis Police spokesperson John Elder said the deadly shooting began when two people standing in a crowded area got into a verbal fight.

The two people then both pulled out guns and started shooting at each other.   

Officers were working in the downtown area for the evening bar close when they heard the sound of gunshot at 1:59 am. 

The officers ran to the area and ‘encountered an exceptionally chaotic scene’, said Elder.

Several victims were found lying on the ground suffering gunshot wounds, including one man who was already dead on arrival.

Officers began administering emergency medical care to the victims and found another man was also already dead. 

Police said the officers told people to leave the area and tried to secure the scene. 

But they were forced to call for back-up as the crowd of people made it difficult for emergency services to get into the area. 

Minneapolis Police tweeted about the incident. The shooting unfolded in the early hours of Saturday along the 300 block of North 1st Avenue in the downtown area of the city

Minneapolis Police tweeted about the incident. The shooting unfolded in the early hours of Saturday along the 300 block of North 1st Avenue in the downtown area of the city

Officers from inside and outside the Minneapolis area responded and Minneapolis Police tweeted around 4 am that order had been restored.   

The victims were rushed to Hennepin County Medical Center and other local hospitals. 

The identities of the victims have not been revealed.  

The Medical Examiner will release the identities along with the nature and cause of death in the coming days.  

It is not clear if the two individuals who first started shooting are among the dead or injured. 

It is also unclear if they were the only two who opened fire during the fatal incident.  

Elder confirmed to DailyMail.com that no arrests have been made at this time.

The investigation is still ongoing.  

Advertisement



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button