Trump privately said Meghan Markle is ‘no good’ after bombshell Oprah interview


Donald Trump hasn’t spoken publicly about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s bombshell interview with Oprah because he doesn’t want to be ‘canceled’, his former aide claimed. 

Trump’s former senior adviser Jason Miller lifted the lid on his feelings about the Sussexes’ interview during an appearance on Steve Bannon’s podcast.  

Miller said Trump told him he could ‘make a little news’ by sharing his reaction to the interview – but he ultimately decided it wasn’t a good idea.  

‘When I was talking to the president this morning … he’s like: “Yeah, [Meghan’s] no good. I said that and now everybody’s seeing it. But you realize if you say anything negative about Meghan Markle you get canceled. Look at Piers [Morgan],”‘ Miller said. 

Morgan left his anchor post at Good Morning Britain last week amid criticism over his controversial comments about the interview. 

The polarizing host said he ‘didn’t believe a word’ of what Meghan said about experiencing racism within the Royal Family and feeling suicidal when she was pregnant with son Archie.  

Trump has spoken out against Meghan in the past, including when he famously called her ‘nasty’ in 2019.  

Meghan Markle is seen during her bombshell interview with Oprah

Donald Trump (left on Sunday) hasn’t spoken publicly about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell interview with Oprah because he doesn’t want to be ‘canceled’, his former aide claims 

Trump reportedly said he didn't want to be 'canceled' like Piers Morgan (pictured), who left his anchor post at Good Morning Britain last week amid criticism over his forceful comments about the interview with Meghan and Harry

Trump reportedly said he didn’t want to be ‘canceled’ like Piers Morgan (pictured), who left his anchor post at Good Morning Britain last week amid criticism over his forceful comments about the interview with Meghan and Harry

Morgan resigned from GMB a day after he stormed off set during an on-air row with colleague Alex Beresford, who criticized him for ‘continuing to trash’ the Duchess of Sussex. 

There were more than 41,000 complaints received by Ofcom, the UK’s communications regulator, including one from Meghan herself following the clash. 

The duchess is said to have raised concerns with ITV about the effect Piers’s comments may have on the issue of mental health generally and those attempting to deal with their own problems. 

But Piers later repeated his condemnation of her interview the following day when he told reporters outside his West London home: ‘If I have to fall on my sword for expressing an honestly held opinion about Meghan Markle and that diatribe of bilge that she came out with in that interview, so be it.’  

Soon after he announced his resignation and tweeted his thanks to the GMB team, praising them for their ‘hard work and dedication’ that led to them beating their main breakfast TV rival.

In the wake of his departure at least three petitions calling for Morgan to be reinstated on GMB garnered more than 240,000 signatures. 

Morgan ruled out a return to the show but called the petitions a ‘pleasant surprise’ in an Instagram statement on Saturday.  

‘I won’t be going back, but thanks to everyone who has signed these petitions. Normally, people start petitions to have me fired or deported, so this is a pleasant surprise,’ he wrote.  

‘Those of you that know me well enough know that, despite my many faults, I’m always willing to stand my ground for the things that I think matter most. 

‘My fervent opposition to the Iraq War led to my demise from the Daily Mirror. My outspoken views on the insanity of American gun laws led to the end of my time at CNN. 

‘And now I’ve lost my job at Good Morning Britain because I chose not to apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle’s claims in her interview with Oprah Winfrey.’ 

He added: ‘I thus became the latest ”victim” of the cancel culture that is permeating our country, every minute, of every hour, of everyday. Though of course, I consider myself to be neither a victim, nor actually cancelled.

‘However, I do believe the defence of free speech and the right to express honestly held opinions, is the most important issue of my career, and the most important issue in British society.’

Sources at ITV have said that Piers ‘will continue to make programmes for the channel’, according to iNews.

This is likely to include his popular celebrity interview programme, Life Stories, which has been on air since 2009. 

This is a developing story.  



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button