Trump makes surprise appearance at Mar-a-Lago fundraiser helping rescue dogs from China and tells crowd Lara ‘IS running for the Senate’
- Big Dog Ranch Rescue held a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago on Friday night to raise money to rescue canines from China
- Trump was walking by the event and decided to take to the stage to deliver an impromptu speech
- The former President touted himself as a dog lover and said he had many meetings about ‘saving dogs’ in the Oval Office
- He also acknowledged the presence of his daughter-in-law Lara, and teased that she may be making a Senate run in 2022
- Earlier in the day, Trump was seen playing a game of golf; he recently returned to Florida following a brief trip to New York
The former President delighted attendees at the event – held Friday night to raise money for Big Dog Ranch Rescue – as he took to the stage for an impromptu speech, which was shared to Twitter by journalist T.A. Walker.
‘I didn’t exactly prepare for this, but I was walking by, and I hear everyone screaming,’ Trump was seen telling the crowd as they broke into rapturous applause.
The Commander-in-chief claimed he was compelled to speak to the crowd because he believed that the fundraiser was ‘so great and so important’.
‘I’m with you 100 percent. We had many meetings in the White House and the Oval Office having to do with saving and helping dogs!’ Trump exclaimed.
Attendees were heard cheering loudly, with one screaming out ‘I love you!’
Lauree Simmons, president and founder of Big Dog Ranch Rescue, hosted the fundraiser event in the hopes of raising $500,000 to help bring 500 dogs from China to the United States.
According to The Washington Examiner, the event was held with the help of Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump.
Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at a dog rescue fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago on Friday night
The event was reportedly held with the help of Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump
Trump acknowledged the presence of his daughter-in-law during his quick speech to the crowd.
‘I want to think Lara, who’s been so incredible [with the fundraiser],’ the ex-President stated.
He then teased rumors that Lara was considering running for a South Carolina Senate seat in 2022.
‘I don’t know, are you running for the Senate?’ Trump asked Lara from the stage as the crowd broke out into another round of applause.
Trump’s unexpected appearance on Friday night came after he spent the afternoon at a nearby golf course.
Trump teased rumors that Lara was considering running for a South Carolina Senate seat in 2022