How to wear heels all day without getting sore feet: TikTok user wows followers with foot spray hack that ‘numbs away pain’ for HOURS
- Hairdresser from Austin, Texas revealed a hack to numb feet while wearing heels
- TikTok user, user @ChristyClips, sprayed a lidocaine product onto her feet
- In video with more than 460,000 likes, she claims it will last up to six hours
All people who have been subjected to the pain from beautiful heels will understand ‘suffering for your vanity,’ but one woman on TikTok decided enough was enough.
The user @ChristyClips, a hairdresser from Austin, Texas revealed to her followers an ingenious trick for wearing heels without pain.
In the video titled, ‘my secret to wearing heels for more than 6 hours,’ the creator shows herself spraying her foot with $9.99 Aspercreme Pain Relieving Creme with Lidocaine, a topical anaesthetic that works by blocking nerves from sending pain signals to the brain
Saying that it ‘numbs away pain,’ Christy certainly got more than a few people interested in the hack and amassed more than 460,000 likes on her video.
While the spray is availble from Amazon in the US, similar sprays containing lidocaine can be bought from chemists in the UK for around £10.
Christy from Austin, Texas, applies topical anaesthetic to her feet in a bid to numb them for several hours while wearing heels
Viewers were astounded by the idea and revelled the thought of not enduring pain while wearing heels
Viewers were astounded by the idea and relished the thought of not enduring pain while wearing heels.
One commenter said: ‘ A can of this should come with every pair of Louboutins, just saying.’
Another agreed adding: ‘ Return to office plan: licodaine in desk.’
One commenter was sick of the pain caused by heels and said, ‘I need to try this. I’m tired of taking it like a champ.’
A fourth thought it was a brilliant idea although they sought out their own methods to numb the feet, joking: ‘My trick is to get drunk enough that I stop feeling my feet.’
Commenters agreed with the TikTokker’s foot numbing methods and swore to try it out to avoid sore feet
Christy applied the Lidocaine numbing spray all over her feet before wearing heels, which she swears last over 6 hours
Other commenters, however, were not so taken by the hack and were worried that numbing your feet to pain could cause damage.
‘You’re basically numbing the warning signs that you’re causing damage. I would not do this on a regular basis,’ one commenter warned
Another agreed and said, ‘NO. NO. NO. As someone in hospice ‘little things’ that you realise were so harmful. The pain will never end.’
Another wrote that while she thought the idea was extreme she might try it regardless, ‘It’s actually wild that we’re applying topical anaesthetic to look hot… Still gonna buy it though.’
Some commenters were appalled by the idea of numbing your feet to get through the pain of wearing heels
STAYING SAVE WITH LIDOCAINE
When used sparingly and as directed, topical lidocaine is generally safe. However, misuse, overuse, or overdose can lead to a number of serious health problems and even death. Here’s what to be aware of:
- Ingestion of lidocaine can cause numbness of the mouth and throat which could lead to choking
- If a substantial amount is ingested, enough can be absorbed into the bloodstream to affect vital organs, primarily the brain and heart
- Covering a large area of the body with lidocaine or leaving it on the skin for a long time can lead to absorption of the drug into the bloodstream
- Lidocaine can impair the ability of iron in red blood cells to carry oxygen to the tissues—this is called Methemoglobinemia and can be life-threatening.