Texas Gov. Greg Abbott alleges migrant children are being starved and sexually abused at border facilities and blames Biden
- Reports of surfaced of child sex abuse and neglect at Freeman Expo Center, which is housing1,370 underage migrants
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says President Biden bears blame for the disturbing allegations
- After assuming office, Biden immediately dismantled harsh Trump immigration policies, prompting a surge of migrants crossing the southern border
- However, his administration has been criticized for having no resources and infrastructure in place to cope with the spike
- Last month, 170,000 migrants were apprehended trying to cross into the US illegally – the highest number in decades
- Many facilities are now dangerously overcrowded, with reports of children going hungry and showering just once every few days
Abbott made the declaration at a press conference Wednesday evening, following tips to authorities about the alleged abuse occurring inside the Freeman Expo Center. The facility is currently holding 1,370 migrant children.
‘These products are a biproduct of President Biden’s policies,’ Abbott declared.
In addition to the claims of child sex abuse and neglect, Abbott also claimed that there were reports of understaffing, children not eating and the failure to separate children with or without COVID-19.
‘In short, this facility is a health and safety nightmare,’ the Gov. stated.
‘While we wait on the Biden administration to act, I’m directing DPS and Texas Rangers to immediately begin investigation these allegations.’
Abbott did not say how many children had reportedly been abused, but he did say that the claims appeared to be ‘credible’.
In recent days, the number of underage children being held at the Freeman Expo Center has increased from 500 to 1,370,
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says Joe Biden should shoulder blame amid allegations of child abuse and neglect at an overcrowded San Antonio migrant facility
Freeman Expo Center is pictured. The facility is currently holding thousands of child migrants
In recent days, the number of underage children being held at the Freeman Expo Center has increased from 500 to 1,370
Biden has come under fire for dismantling harsh Trump immigration policies, which has prompted a surge of migrants at the southern border.