Tennessee man who ‘reeked of booze’ is arrested for kicking pregnant phone shop worker in the stomach, three years after his arrest on the same street for public drunkenness
- A Knoxville man was charged with assault after he kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach at a phone store on Sunday while ‘reeking’ of booze
- James Erwin White, 39, was inside the Cricket Wireless store October 10 when police were called to the scene regarding an assault
- White had a previous conviction for public intoxication back in August 2018
- White kicked the nearly full-term pregnant worker directly in the stomach, which left her with a cut and bruising on her chin
- Authorities did not immediately reveal the status of the victim’s unborn child
- His previous conviction for public intoxication, which did not result in an assault charge, also occurred in Knoxville on North Broadway
A Knoxville man with a history of being drunk in public was charged with assault after he kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach at a phone store Sunday while ‘reeking’ of booze, police said.
James Erwin White, 39, who also was convicted of public intoxication in August 2018, went to the Cricket Wireless store on North Broadway October 10.
The victim, a woman nearly full-term in her pregnancy who worked at the store, told cops that White came in and asked about phone sales. Then, he suddenly became enraged after ‘not liking the answers’ he was given.
Pictured: James Erwin White’s mugshot from Sunday’s arrest for assault with bodily injury and public intoxication
The victim, who was not named by authorities, said White went behind her and punched her with a closed fist.
She pushed him away, causing him to stumble and fall. When he got back up, police said White kicked her directly in the stomach, according to WATE.
The outlet reports that the woman’s co-worker called police. Officers discovered White, who was slurring his words, unsteady on his feet and ‘reeked from the smell of an alcoholic beverage.’
The incident happened inside the Cricket Wireless store in the 2000 block of North Broadway (pictured) on Sunday.
Pictured: the parking lot of the strip mall in the 2000 block of North Broadway, where a man is accused of assaulting a nearly full-term pregnant worker at Cricket Wireless
Pictured: 39-year-old’s mugshot from August 2018 for public intoxication
White was arrested and charged with assault. The police report says he was a danger to himself due to his level of intoxication.
The victim was left with a cut and bruise on her chin. Authorities did not immediately reveal the status of the victim’s unborn child.
White’s previous conviction for public intoxication, which did not result in an assault charge, also occurred in Knoxville on North Broadway, according to public records.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a bond arraignment at 10am on October 18, according to WATE.