Computer says no! Tech support workers reveal equipment that’s WAY beyond repair – from a mouse infested with ants to a laptop that was partially incinerated
- Tech support workers have revealed the worst things they have seen on the job
- One person’s mouse was covered in ants after they cleaned it with lemonade
- While another tech novice somehow managed to completely burn their laptop
While many of us cannot live without our phones and laptops, we are not all well-versed in how to correctly look after our beloved technology.
And these tech support workers have shared the worst things they have come across on the job, proving that some people should not be allowed to own top-of-line technology.
The shocking fails, collated in a Bored Panda picture gallery, include a computer mouse overrun by ants after the owner surprisingly cleaned it with lemonade, and a laptop that had been completely burnt.
Elsewhere, one technology novice somehow managed to bend the corners of their Macbook, while another attempted to fix their laptop after spilling coffee on it by throwing rice all over it.
Here, FEMAIL shares some of the baffling technology failures that left people in stitches.
Tech support workers have shared the worst things they have encountered on the job, including one person who somehow managed to burn their entire laptop (pictured)
One technology novice bizarrely attempted to clean their computer mouse with lemonade, and were shocked to come home two days later to find it overrun with ants
One hospital worker’s confusion about the site’s network issues were quickly cleared up after they got a glimpse behind the scenes
One worker was left surprised after finding this mouse dangerously chewing on some rubber covered wires whilst on the job
Another technology worker was left completely baffled after they were faced with a Macbook that had somehow become completely bent on two corners
This old-school technology set-up is bound to end in disaster as it even includes wires hanging down from the ceiling
Another tech worker was left completely shocked after opening up a device to find this extremely burnt inside
One unlucky student accidentally spilt nail polish over their laptop, but when their mother tried to clean it, they also ended up washing off 26 of the computer keys
One tech novice spilt coffee all over their computer and decided to try and fix it by covering it in a rice – in the hope that the grain would absorb the moisture
Rather than splashing out on one good quality ethernet switch, one family decided to plug in four separate units into the same plug in the hope of boosting their service
One worker was left fuming he was faced with this overwhelming network – and the client asked what port a ‘random’ cable was plugged into
One tech worker was left doubting their client after they claimed that they had ‘never’ dropped their phone in water – despite the splashes of water found inside the device
One client was desperate to know exactly what their accidental damage policy would cover – and it quickly became clear why when one worker was faced with this bent Dell laptop
Look away if you’re squeamish! One worker was left horrified after opening up a Macbook to find it was completely swarming with insets that appeared to be cockroaches
One creative person came up with a rather unique solution to only having one audio output – by plugging in numerous extensions into the single slot
One worker had to explain to their boss why they couldn’t simply fix the server after it went ‘down’ – as they had to admit it has really fallen ‘down’ on the floor
This laptop owner proved that you should never try to eat food near your device, particularly spaghetti, after they left their laptop covered in sauce
Lessons cancelled? One student was left completely taken aback after they walked into the classroom only to find a bird nesting on top of the projector
One worker was left surprised after discovering that this unique computer invention was actually ‘fully functional’
This terrifying technological, and fire safety, nightmare was found in the basement of a mini-mall
One person came up with a unique way to help their co-worker recover files from their broken thumb-drive by soldering the internal technology to a USB cable
One unlucky worker was left wishing that their client had sorted this maze of wires before they arrived
And another technology novice came up with a bizarre way to cool down their computer system – by attaching a fan below it and hoping for the best