Sir Rod Stewart, 76, walks with a slight limp as veteran star announces brand new album


Sir Rod Stewart, 76, walks with a slight limp as veteran star announces brand new album and single from his very own football pitch… after battery charges in Florida were dropped


Sir Rod Stewart appeared to have a spring in his step on Tuesday, and it had nothing to do with the imminent release of his latest album. 

The legendary singer, 76, walked with a slight limp in a short Instagram video recorded to announce his 31st studio album Tears Of Hercules and its lead single, One More Time. 

Sir Rod is walking without the aid of crutches after undergoing ankle surgery in October, but still looked cautious while describing the album as his ‘best in years.’   

Here he is: Sir Rod Stewart appeared to have a spring in his step on Tuesday, and it had nothing to  do with the imminent release of his latest album 

Sporting a black tracksuit, football nut Rod – a lifelong Celtic supporter – gingerly made his way across a path at the rear of his sprawling family home before making his way onto a miniature pitch, complete with goal posts. 

Accompanying the post with a caption, he wrote: ‘Ladies and gentlemen, exciting news! My new album, THE TEARS OF HERCULES will be available on CD, vinyl, and digitally on November 12th.

I’ve never said this before about any previous efforts, but I believe this is by far my best album in many a year.’

The singer’s latest track will be aired for the first time on Zoe Ball’s BBC Radio 1 breakfast show between 8:30-9am. 

Steady on Rodders: The legendary singer walked with a slight limp in a short Instagram video recorded to announce his 31st studio album Tears Of Hercules and its lead single, One More Time

Steady on Rodders: The legendary singer walked with a slight limp in a short Instagram video recorded to announce his 31st studio album Tears Of Hercules and its lead single, One More Time

Step by step: Sporting a black tracksuit, football nut Rod - a lifelong Celtic supporter - gingerly made his way across a path at the rear of his sprawling family home

Step by step: Sporting a black tracksuit, football nut Rod - a lifelong Celtic supporter - gingerly made his way across a path at the rear of his sprawling family home

Step by step: Sporting a black tracksuit, football nut Rod – a lifelong Celtic supporter – gingerly made his way across a path at the rear of his sprawling family home

Not bad: The veteran star revealed a decent sized football pitch, complete with goals posts, at the rear of his sprawling family home

Not bad: The veteran star revealed a decent sized football pitch, complete with goals posts, at the rear of his sprawling family home 

The announcement comes just days after he reached a deal to avoid jail time after a security guard scandal in Florida on New Year’s Eve.

Rod and his son Sean will avoid jail time and a potentially embarrassing trial for their role in a New Year’s Eve fight at an upscale Palm Beach resort. 

DailyMail.com exclusively revealed that Sir Rod’s legal team reached a deal with prosecutors last week where the duo were expected to plead no contest to the charge of simple battery. 

Controversy: Meanwhile Rod and his son Sean will avoid jail time and a potentially embarrassing trial for their role in a New Year's Eve fight at an upscale Palm Beach resort

Controversy: Meanwhile Rod and his son Sean will avoid jail time and a potentially embarrassing trial for their role in a New Year’s Eve fight at an upscale Palm Beach resort

The father and son were charged with one misdemeanour count each after feisty Rod was caught on surveillance cameras at The Breakers Palm Beach throwing a punch at a security guard with Sean stepping into the tussle the night of December 31, 2019.

In exchange for their plea, the singer and his 40-year-old son escape a conviction, criminal record and time behind bars, said their attorney Guy Fronstin.

Judge August Bonavita is expected to sign off on the deal on October 22 and close the case. Neither Stewart nor his son are mandated to appear.

The other party:  They are accused of pushing and shoving security guard Jessie Dixon (pictured) at the upscale The Breakers Hotel because he wouldn´t let them into a New Year´s Eve party

The other party:  They are accused of pushing and shoving security guard Jessie Dixon (pictured) at the upscale The Breakers Hotel because he wouldn´t let them into a New Year´s Eve party 

‘A resolution that’s acceptable to all parties has been reached,’ Fronstin said. ‘It will result in no jail time for both my clients.’

The Stewarts were facing the possibility of spending up to one year in Palm Beach County’s jail.

They are accused of pushing and shoving security guard Jessie Dixon at the upscale The Breakers Hotel because he wouldn´t let them into a New Year´s Eve party.

Advertisement



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button