Roxy Jacenko injures herself while packing boxes of merchandise


Roxy Jacenko injures her finger while packing boxes of merchandise after one of her Pixie’s Fidgets toys was recalled due to a choking hazard


Roxy Jacenko faced a professional setback earlier this month when one of the toys from her Pixie’s Fidgets range was recalled because it posed a chocking hazard.

And the 41-year-old businesswoman suffered an unrelated workplace injury while packing boxes of merchandise on Tuesday.

Jacenko shared a photo on Instagram of her bleeding finger, and captioned it: ‘Good grief this is deadly business yet again.’ 

Bloody hell! PR queen Roxy Jacenko suffered a workplace injury while packing boxes of Pixie’s Fidgets merchandise on Tuesday

Jacenko appears to have cut her thumb while packing boxes of the children’s toys.

It comes after Pixie’s Fidgets was forced to recall one of its toys after a consumer watchdog found the product posed a serious choking risk for children.

The company, which is named after Jacenko’s 10-year-old daughter Pixie, had released a limited line of magnetic ball toys called Magnetic Dots in May this year.

But the ACCC recalled the product on August 18, arguing it could result in choking, internal organ damage and even death if swallowed.

Recall: It comes after Jacenko's company Pixie's Fidgets was forced to recall one of its toys because it posed a serious choking risk for children. Pictured: Jacenko with her daughter Pixie

Recall: It comes after Jacenko’s company Pixie’s Fidgets was forced to recall one of its toys because it posed a serious choking risk for children. Pictured: Jacenko with her daughter Pixie

The Magnetic Dots toy comprises small, high-powered magnets that can be rearranged to create different shapes.

An ACCC memo stated the toy poses a high risk of choking for young children.

It also ‘exceeds the maximum allowable magnetic flux index set by the permanent ban on certain small, high powered magnets’. 

Choking hazard: Pixie's Fidgets had released a limited line of magnetic ball toys called Magnetic Dots in May this year

Choking hazard: Pixie’s Fidgets had released a limited line of magnetic ball toys called Magnetic Dots in May this year

If swallowed, the balls can stick together and potentially cause fatal organ damage.

‘If a child swallows more than one small high-powered magnet, the magnets can stick together across the walls of the child’s intestine or other digestive tissue, which can lead to internal injuries and even death,’ the report states.

The ACCC also noted that the magnets, given their size, may pose a choking hazard to young children.

Dangerous: The ACCC recalled the product this week, arguing it could result in choking, internal organ damage and even death if swallowed

Dangerous: The ACCC recalled the product this week, arguing it could result in choking, internal organ damage and even death if swallowed

Jacenko told NCA Newswire the Magnetic Dots toys were available for a short period of time, and ‘weren’t backed heavily’. 

She also told Daily Mail Australia: ‘We take health and safety extremely seriously.

‘After learning that magnet dots are banned in Australia (unlike other countries) they were removed from sale and destroyed immediately.’  

Close shave: Jacenko told NCA Newswire the Magnetic Dots toys were available for a short period of time, and 'weren't backed heavily'

Close shave: Jacenko told NCA Newswire the Magnetic Dots toys were available for a short period of time, and ‘weren’t backed heavily’

Jacenko has contacted every customer who purchased the product, and provided them with a full and immediate refund on the purchase price.  

Consumers who bought the Magnetic Dots toy are warned by the ACCC to stop using the product. 

For more information and to receive a refund, contact Pixie’s Fidgets at [email protected] or phone 02 9358 6868

Concerns: 'As a mother of two, health and safety is of utmost importance to us and we take the matter seriously thus the immediate action,' Jacenko added

Concerns: ‘As a mother of two, health and safety is of utmost importance to us and we take the matter seriously thus the immediate action,’ Jacenko added

Advertisement



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button