Ohio man, 91, nearly dies after he was given second COVID-19 vaccine twice in one day


A 91-year-old amputee from Ohio went into shock, collapsed, and nearly died after accidentally receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 Moderna vaccine twice just four hours apart from each other.

Victor Smith of the Cincinnati suburb of Hamilton received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at Fort Hamilton Hospital in January, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

He went to get the second dose of the vaccine at the Butler County Fairgrounds on February 25th, his daughter, Dawn Smith-Theodore wrote on Facebook.

At the fairgrounds, Smith was given a vaccination card that had his first name written there but an incorrect surname, according to his daughter.

‘As it turns out, it was a Victor, but it was a different last name,’ Smith-Theodore said.

After receiving the second dose, he was sent to Jamestowne Rehab facility in Hamilton, which is run by Community First Solutions.

Victor Smith, 91, of the Cincinnati suburb of Hamilton, Ohio was accidentally given two doses of the second shot of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on February 25th.

Smith received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at Fort Hamilton Hospital in January

Smith received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at Fort Hamilton Hospital in January

He went to get the second dose of the vaccine at the Butler County Fairgrounds on February 25th, his daughter, Dawn Smith-Theodore (pictured with her dad) wrote on Facebook

He went to get the second dose of the vaccine at the Butler County Fairgrounds on February 25th, his daughter, Dawn Smith-Theodore (pictured with her dad) wrote on Facebook

Four hours after he received the second shot, a fire department official came into the facility to administer the vaccine to a man with the same first name.

‘At 3:45, a fire department fireman came in and said they had a shot for Victor, and they said, “Victor Smith,” and he said “yes”,’ Smith-Theodore told WKRC-TV.

‘And they went into my dad’s room. Nobody went with them.

‘They were in there for nine minutes and administered another vaccine of Moderna.’

She added: ‘My dad said “I got two vaccines”.’

Moments later, Smith-Theodore received a telephone call informing her that her father was experiencing respiratory distress and was being rushed to Fort Hamilton Hospital.

She said that she was led to believe that her father’s life was in danger.

After receiving the second dose, he was sent to Jamestowne Rehab facility in Hamilton, which is run by Community First Solutions.

After receiving the second dose, he was sent to Jamestowne Rehab facility in Hamilton, which is run by Community First Solutions.

‘Yesterday when I talked to my dad and he could mutter two words – it was heartbreaking to me because I haven’t had my vaccine, so I can’t come to see him,’ Smith-Theodore, who lives in Calabasas, California, said on March 1.

‘So, I haven’t seen my dad in a year.’

Fortunately, his condition improved and he is now recovering at hospital.

‘I want to see my dad get better. I want to see that this doesn’t happen to anybody else,’ said Smith-Theodore.

The City of Hamilton and Community First Solutions released a statement which read: ‘An incident occurred where a City of Hamilton resident inadvertently received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine on the same day.

‘The individual was a patient of Jamestowne Rehabilitation where all vaccinations are completed by outside parties who are trained and appropriately certified, in this case the City of Hamilton Fire Department.

Four hours after he received the second shot, a fire department official came into the facility to administer the vaccine to a man with the same first name

Four hours after he received the second shot, a fire department official came into the facility to administer the vaccine to a man with the same first name

‘Jamestowne staff recognized the patient’s signs of distress and responded immediately.

‘The patient was transported to the hospital and the family was promptly contacted.

‘Both Jamestowne and the City of Hamilton Fire Department have begun investigations into the incident.

‘Our thoughts are with the patient and his family as he continues his recovery.’ 



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button