Mitt Romney sports a black eye and ‘a lot of stitches’ to his eyebrow following a fall which knocked him unconscious while visiting his grandchildren in Boston
- Romney, 73, was bruised and battered on arrival at the U.S. Capitol on Monday
- The Utah senator suffered a fall while visiting his grandchildren in Boston
- He was knocked unconscious and required stitches to his eyebrow and lip
- Romney joked that his injuries were after visiting CPAC at the weekend
- Trump spoke at CPAC Sunday and whipped the crowd into an anti-Romney fury
Mitt Romney appeared at the U.S. Capitol on Monday sporting a painful-looking black eye, after he fell over the weekend in Boston.
The 73-year-old senator for Utah was knocked unconscious in the fall, he said.
He was visiting his grandchildren at the time, and needed ‘a lot of stitches’.
‘I took a fall. Knocked me unconscious. But I’m doing better,’ the former presidential nominee said.
Mitt Romney was sporting a very visible black eye on Monday at the U.S. Capitol
Romney said he fell over the weekend, while visiting his grandchildren in Boston
Romney said he was taken to hospital following the fall and needed stitches
Romney’s stitches were clearly visible, as was the bruising under his right eye.
The only Republican to have voted twice to impeach Donald Trump, Romney is a pariah among the former president’s supporters and joked that his injuries were from this weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).
‘I went to CPAC, that was a problem,’ he said.
Asked how many stitches he received, Romney claimed he was not sure.
‘A lot of stitches. I don’t know how many. I asked the doctor how many stitches and she said, I don’t know, but it’s all through my eyebrow and my lip.’
Romney is pictured with his wife Ann and sons in 2012 – (from L) Matt, Tagg, Craig, Ben and Josh