Jailed Missouri woman, 39, hid a four-inch revolver inside her vagina – and it wasn’t found by prison guards for THREE WEEKS
- Amy Natasha Wilhite, 39, was booked on drugs charges and taken into custody at the Boone County Jail on February 14
- She underwent a ‘thorough’ pat down and strip search; officers did not find any weapons in her possession
- However, on Wednesday, prison guards uncovered a mini revolver in Wilhite’s cell
- They now believed she smuggled the four-inch long weapon into the jail by concealing it in a ‘body cavity’
- It’s not the first time an inmate has used a body cavity to sneak a weapon into jail
- Back in 2012, a North Carolina man hid a 10-inch revolver in his rectum after being booked into jail; he even passed a ‘squat and cough’ test
Amy Natasha Wilhite, 39, was originally taken into custody at the Boone County Jail on February 14 on drugs charges
A Missouri woman has been slapped with a felony weapons charge after she allegedly smuggled a small gun into prison by concealing it in her vagina.
Amy Natasha Wilhite, 39, was originally taken into custody at the Boone County Jail on February 14 on drugs charges.
Wilhite underwent both a ‘thorough’ pat search and a strip search at the jail, but officials did not find the miniature gun in her possession.
However, on Wednesday, prison officers were left stunned when they found the pint-sized weapon in her jail cell.
The gun has been identified as a North American Arms .22 caliber revolver.
It is four inches long, 2.38 inches tall and .88 inches wide, according to KOMU 8.
It weights just 4.6 ounces.
Pictured: The North American Arms .22 caliber revolver that Wilhite concealed in a body cavity
Officials believe Wilhite hid the gun in a body cavity at the time of her arrest before she later removed it in the privacy of her prison cell.
She attempted to conceal the revolver in her stash of personal belongings before it was uncovered by jailhouse employees.
Wilhite has now been slapped with an additional charge of delivery or possession of a weapon at a county/private jail/corrections center – a class B felony.
She remains behind bars on bond.
It is not the first time an inmate has smuggled a weapon into a prison by concealing it in a body cavity.
On February 14, Wilhite underwent both a ‘thorough’ pat search and a strip search at the jail (pictured), but officials did not find the miniature gun in her possession
Back in 2017, a female inmate managed to smuggle a 22-caliber pistol into a jail holding cell at Santa Clara County Jail in California.
Officers later discovered the gun wrapped in toilet paper on a bathroom floor.
Meanwhile, in 2012, a North Carolina man managed to smuggle a 10 inch long .38 revolver into prison by hiding it in his rectum.
The man was even told to ‘squat and cough’ to make sure there was nothing concealed in a cavity, and he passed that test with flying colors.
However, the next day, prison guards uncovered the large weapon in his cell.
He received medical treatment for possible injuries sustained to his rectum.
The weapon was not loaded at the time, but it was test fired by officials who found it was in operational condition.