Entertainment

Married At First Sight star Charlene Perera reveals she is engaged


Surprise! Popular Married At First Sight star announces her shock engagement to her boyfriend… after he proposed months ago


Married At First Sight star Charlene Perera has shocked her fans by announcing she is engaged. 

The 37-year-old, who was unsuccessfully paired with Patrick Miller on the 2018 season of the Channel Nine dating show, revealed she is set to tie the knot with her boyfriend, Jonathan Byrne on Wednesday. 

She also showed off her unique diamond engagement ring in several photos she posted on Instagram of the couple. 

Surprise! Married At First Sight star Charlene Perera has shocked her fans by announcing she is engaged to her partner, Jonathan Byrne

She revealed that Jonathan proposed back in July, writing in the caption: ‘Then in July this special thing happened….. My very clever Mr. Byrnes’. 

She explained that she couldn’t announce the news earlier because her Instagram account had been hacked and she only just got her access back. 

The couple have been dating for almost one year after meeting on popular dating app Bumble.  

Unique!  She showed off her unique diamond engagement ring in several photos posted on Instagram

Unique!  She showed off her unique diamond engagement ring in several photos posted on Instagram

They moved in together in January this year and Charlene previously told 9Entertainment that the couple both felt comfortable moving quickly. 

‘If I’m a mile-a-minute, he’s two-and-a-half miles a minute,’ she said. 

Several Married At First Sight stars from Charlene’s season of the show rushed to the comments section to congratulate the beloved reality star. 

Cute: Charlene posted pictures from the night they got engaged. She explained that she couldn't announce the news earlier because her Instagram account had been hacked and she only just got her access back

Cute: Charlene posted pictures from the night they got engaged. She explained that she couldn’t announce the news earlier because her Instagram account had been hacked and she only just got her access back

‘Oh yeah…. Huge congratulations,’ Melissa Walsh wrote, while Tracey Jewel exclaimed ‘Congrats’ along with a heart emoji.

Charlene’s last known boyfriend was Marcus Tanti, whom she split from back in 2019. 

At the time she posted the news on social media and shared a cryptic quote about leaving her ‘old life’ behind, alongside a caption explaining what had happened.

'Another one bites the dust!' Charlene's last known boyfriend was Marcus Tanti, whom she split with back in 2019

‘Another one bites the dust!’ Charlene’s last known boyfriend was Marcus Tanti, whom she split with back in 2019 

‘She looked at her old life one more time, took a deep breath and whispered, “I will never see you again,”‘ read the quote.

Charlene captioned her post: ‘Another one bites the dust!

‘Sometimes things just don’t work out how you planned, no matter how hard you try, so you pull up your socks and get back on Bumble!’

No happy endings: Charlene was unsuccessfully paired with Patrick Miller (left) on Married At First Sight back in 2018

No happy endings: Charlene was unsuccessfully paired with Patrick Miller (left) on Married At First Sight back in 2018

She added: ‘I’m so heartbroken. But we take a deep breath and take our learnings from one endeavour to the next chapter of greatness!

‘Hold the sadness then let it go, great things to come.’

Charlene and Marcus’ break up had come as a surprise to fans, as she had shared a photo to Instagram of herself with the real estate executive five days before. 

The pair began dating in January 2019 after Marcus took a shine to Charlene on MAFS and messaged her on social media.

She previously said on Talking Married: ‘He saw me on the show. It was a public service announcement to Australia that I was single, and he found me!

‘He snuck through my Facebook and we started direct messaging each other and before you know it!’ 

Advertisement



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button