Man, 28, reveals the VERY awkward way he found out his fiancée, 22, was having a secret affair with a married work colleague – so should he stay?
- A devastated man discovered his fiancée cheated on him with her colleague
- The man found out after a text from a random number popped up on his phone
- Number belonged to the wife of the married man, 33, who slept with his fiancée
A devastated man has been questioning his relationship after he discovered his fiancée cheated on him with a married colleague when his wife contacted him.
The engaged man, 28, said he only found out about his 22-year-old fiancée’s secret affair when a WhatsApp text from a random number popped up on his phone.
The number belonged to the wife of the married man, 33, who slept with his fiancée.
‘She sent me screenshots of an Instagram conversation where my fiancée talked to her husband telling him they made a mistake… but in other parts of the conversation, she said “it was a beautiful memory but a mistake”,’ he said on Reddit.
‘In the other screenshots, it was them talking about kissing and having sex.’
A devastated man has been questioning his relationship after he discovered his fiancée cheated on him with a married colleague when his wife contacted him (stock image)
From what he gathered through the text messages, his fiancée had visited her male colleague’s home when his wife and their nine-month-old baby was out of town.
When he confronted his fiancée, she was ‘devastated’ but she tried to convince him the sexual encounter was never meant to happen.
‘She said it started like a joke just letting him compliment her. She said she didn’t know why she did what she did but she never was attracted to him or had any kind of feelings for him,’ he said.
‘She said she was kinda numb and just felt like she was possessed. She said she loves me and there was nothing missing in our relationship and will do anything possible to make things right.’
Clearly distraught by the affair, the man said he thought she was the love of his life – and the pair would live together happily after getting married.
‘I was devastated at first but now I don’t know what to do, he explained.
‘We were so in love… but how can someone that loves you do that to you?’
Signs of a once off cheater
* They will tell you they love you a lot more but not show it
* They will have moments of guilt and buy you unexpected gifts
* They will take you to nice places but the conversation is stifled
* They put uncharacteristic distance down to being ‘stressed at work’
* They daydream a lot
Signs of a serial cheater
* They are harder to detect because they have mastered their craft
* They go out of their way to tell you that their ex was insecure and that they have friends of the opposite sex
* They get defensive when you ask about their night or who they were with
* They will confess their undying love for you and in the same breath suggest you get help as you are ruining the relationship with your insecurities
* They use lines like ‘why are you being so insecure all of a sudden?’
The man – who has been with his fiancée for two-and-a-half years – asked whether he should forgive her because she’s only ever been with him.
‘Can it be just a one time mistake of a 22-year-old girl? Can I ever forgive her and get past this? What should I do?’ he asked.
Many urged him to ‘let her go’ because she’s ‘got a lot of years left to grow up’.
‘Cheating is not a mistake, cheating is a choice. Don’t waste your time on a cheater and move on,’ one wrote.
Another said: ‘There are no such thing as “mistakes” when it comes to adultery. You have to make a series of really bad, selfish decisions to have an affair.’
While one added: ‘You aren’t married and it doesn’t sound like you have any financial ties. Move on. I know this advice sucks, but if you try and forgive her and move past it, she will never respect you again.’
Many who had been cheated on by their spouses told the man his relationship with his fiancée will never be the same again if he chooses to forgive her.
‘I tried to stay with my cheater. We had good days, great days, but it was never ever the same. Or better. Trust was just gone. Respect gone. Sex drive gone,’ one wrote.
‘My partner was “so thankful” for a second chance… but she got sick of my “trust issues” and ended up doing it again almost two years later. Save yourself now.’
While another added: ‘I had the same experience except I no longer felt anything for my ex-wife. Six miserable years later she cheated again and we divorced. A true sk**k.’