Krystal Hipwell defends Nadia Bartel amid the ex-AFL WAG’s ‘snorting scandal’


Big Brother star Krystal Hipwell defended embattled former AFL WAG Nadia Bartel during an Instagram Q&A on Thursday.

Nadia, 36, has been making headlines ever since a video went viral of her snorting white powder at an illegal gathering in Melbourne last week.

When a fan asked Krystal, 35, how she felt about the scandal, she responded: ‘She’s a human being. We all make mistakes.’

Scandal: Nadia, 36, has been making headlines ever since a video went viral of her snorting white powder at an illegal gathering in Melbourne last week

Speaking out: Big Brother star Krystal Hipwell defended embattled former AFL WAG Nadia Bartel during an Instagram Q&A on Thursday

‘Absolutely no one deserves to be trolled or bullied,’ she added.

Meanwhile, it emerged on Thursday that Nadia had likely attended the gathering on the same day she finalised her divorce from ex-husband Jimmy Bartel, meaning the event was possibly a celebration.

The Bartels, once considered a glamour couple of the AFL, separated in 2019 after five years of marriage. 

‘She’s just gone through a highly publicised divorce – it was finalised last week, I’m pretty sure on the day that this video was taken,’ Shameless podcast host Michelle Andrews said.

Response: When a fan asked Krystal, 35, how she felt about the scandal, she responded: 'She's a human being. We all make mistakes. Absolutely no one deserves to be trolled or bullied'

Response: When a fan asked Krystal, 35, how she felt about the scandal, she responded: ‘She’s a human being. We all make mistakes. Absolutely no one deserves to be trolled or bullied’

Twist: Nadia's illegal gathering may have been to celebrate finalising her divorce from AFL star Jimmy Bartel (right), after the pair separated in 2019 following five years of marriage

Twist: Nadia’s illegal gathering may have been to celebrate finalising her divorce from AFL star Jimmy Bartel (right), after the pair separated in 2019 following five years of marriage

On August 27, The Herald Sun reported: ‘The Bartels divorce is said to have been finalised just this week.’

After finalising details with their lawyers, the former couple would have to sign the papers to make things official – which could have been the day Nadia chose to celebrate with her friends on September 2.

It’s certainly not unusual for people to celebrate the end of their marriage – yet Nadia copped backlash due to the fact she broke Melbourne’s strict lockdown and was filmed snorting white powder off a $1.50 Kmart plate.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted a representative for Nadia for further comment.

Caught on camera: Nadia (pictured) was filmed breaking Melbourne's strict lockdown and snorting white powder at an illegal gathering last Thursday evening

Caught on camera: Nadia (pictured) was filmed breaking Melbourne’s strict lockdown and snorting white powder at an illegal gathering last Thursday evening

Nadia and Jimmy, who married in 2014, share custody of two sons, Aston, five, and Henley, three.

In an interview with Stellar last year, Nadia said she ‘never thought this would happen’ when asked about her split.

Nadia had been filmed snorting white powder at an illegal gathering in Melbourne last Thursday evening.

Victorians living under lockdown are prohibited from holding private gatherings.

Over: The Bartels, once considered one of the strongest AFL marriages, announced their separation in August 2019, but are believed to have split two months prior

Over: The Bartels, once considered one of the strongest AFL marriages, announced their separation in August 2019, but are believed to have split two months prior

Heartache: In an interview with Stellar last year, Nadia said she 'never thought this would happen' when asked about her split

Heartache: In an interview with Stellar last year, Nadia said she ‘never thought this would happen’ when asked about her split

The fashion and beauty influencer issued a public apology on Friday afternoon, a day after the video was accidently uploaded to Instagram by her friend Ellie Pearson.

The footage was published for about 10 minutes before being deleted.

‘Hi everyone, I have let you all down by my actions. I take full responsibility and I am committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure I make better choices in future,’ she wrote.

‘To my family and friends, my business partners and the public health workers trying to keep us all safe, I am embarrassed and remorseful.

‘I am truly and deeply sorry. I hope I can earn your forgiveness and, in time, your trust.’

Consequences: Nadia and three other women have been issued with Penalty Infringement Notices following the illegal gathering on Thursday

Consequences: Nadia and three other women have been issued with Penalty Infringement Notices following the illegal gathering on Thursday 

Nadia’s apology – which included an appeal for forgiveness from health workers – seemingly confirmed the gathering was held on Thursday evening.

Daily Mail Australia understands the video was posted to Instagram by Ellie entirely by mistake, but that another member of Nadia’s social group quickly downloaded it and sent the damning footage to media outlets in an attempt to ‘destroy’ the WAG.

‘The video was deliberately leaked by someone within Nadia’s elite Melbourne social circle,’ a source said.

‘This is someone who for all intents and purposes seems to be Nadia’s friend on Instagram but they are secretly jealous.

‘They pounced on it and immediately sent it to people they knew could get it to the press quickly.

‘This was part of a campaign of revenge… someone wants to shut her down.’

Nadia and three other women were issued with Penalty Infringement Notices following the illegal gathering on Thursday.

Sorry: The mother of two issued a public apology on Friday afternoon, a day after the video was accidently uploaded to Instagram by her friend Ellie Pearson

Sorry: The mother of two issued a public apology on Friday afternoon, a day after the video was accidently uploaded to Instagram by her friend Ellie Pearson 

Each woman was fined $5,452, but a fifth woman was not charged because she was ‘complying with employment restrictions’, Victoria Police said on Monday.

‘Four women have been issued with Penalty Infringement Notices following a gathering at a Richmond address in contravention of the Chief Health Officer’s restrictions,’ a Victoria Police spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia.

‘The incident occurred at a private address on Thursday, September 2, at 4pm.

‘A 36-year-old Windsor woman, a 32-year-old Richmond woman, a 33-year-old Pascoe Vale woman and a 35-year-old Strathmore woman have all be issued with a penalty infringement notice for failing to comply with requirements in relation to a private or public gathering.

‘The monetary penalty for each Penalty Infringement Notice is $5452.

‘A fifth woman at the address was not charged as she was complying with CHO employment restrictions.’

Entertainment reporter Peter Ford broke the news on Seven’s The Morning Show on Thursday that Nadia and the three women would not be charged with drug offences, confirming police were taking no further action.

Report: Entertainment reporter Peter Ford broke the news on Seven's The Morning Show on Thursday that Nadia and the three women would not be charged with drug offences, confirming police were taking no further action

Report: Entertainment reporter Peter Ford broke the news on Seven’s The Morning Show on Thursday that Nadia and the three women would not be charged with drug offences, confirming police were taking no further action



Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button