Entertainment

Joel Edgerton weighs in on reality television and says that Married At First Sight is terrible


Joel Edgerton brands Married At First Sight as ‘terrible’ as he slams Australia’s ‘obsession’ with reality television

Married At First Sight may be one of Australia’s most popular shows on television.

But movie star Joel Edgerton has confessed reality TV isn’t for him.

‘I know that people might want to detonate me, but I often wish I could take all reality TV and detonate it,’ he told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday.

‘I often wish I could take all reality TV and detonate it’: Australian actor Joel Edgerton, 46, has slammed Australia’s ‘obsession’ with reality shows like Married At First Sight

The actor, 46, said that while he understands that reality shows bring people some sort of entertainment, they could also bring pleasure by providing more ‘thoughtful’ programming.

‘I see the obsession with it; I think someone needs to be keeping an eye on culture and not just profit,’ he said.  

‘Maybe I’m just a bit of a fuddy-duddy. Because who am I to roll my eyes at the term influencer or say Married At First Sight is a terrible, terrible thing? You can’t judge things of a greater quality if they’re not on offer.’

Not a fan: 'I know that people might want to detonate me, but I often wish I could take all reality TV and detonate it,' he told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday. Pictured: MAFS stars Bryce Ruthven and Melissa Rawson

Not a fan: ‘I know that people might want to detonate me, but I often wish I could take all reality TV and detonate it,’ he told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday. Pictured: MAFS stars Bryce Ruthven and Melissa Rawson

Joel’s views on Australia’s love affair with reality TV come just days after it was revealed that he would be joining Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in the upcoming Disney+ series, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Disney+ announced the cast of their upcoming event series in April and production is already in full-swing.

McGregor, 49, will return as the titular Obi-Wan while Hayden, 39, will be playing Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. 

'Rematch of the century': Back in March, Disney+ announced that Joel would be be joining Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in the upcoming Star Wars series, Obi-Wan Kenobi

‘Rematch of the century’: Back in March, Disney+ announced that Joel would be be joining Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in the upcoming Star Wars series, Obi-Wan Kenobi

The upcoming series event will take place 10 years after the events of the 2005 film Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, and will see Obi-Wan square off against Anakin Skywalker.

Last year, LucasFilm president Kathleen Kennedy described the rumble as ‘the rematch of the century.’

While many fans assumed that Obi-Wan and Anakin didn’t meet again until he had fully transformed into Darth Vader in the first Star Wars movie, 1977’s A New Hope, this show will reveal a battle in between. 

New and familiar faces: The cast is made up of returning Star Wars actors and stars newer to the franchise

New and familiar faces: The cast is made up of returning Star Wars actors and stars newer to the franchise

Advertisement





Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button