Iggy Azalea claims she ‘personally witnessed’ Britney Spears’ dad be ‘abusive’ during their 2015 collaboration and says he forced Aussie singer to sign an NDA
- Azalea, 31, and Spears, 39, worked together on the 2015 pop hit Pretty Girls
- Azalea said she saw Britney’s father Jamie exerting control over the pop star on numerous occasions
- Britney ‘is not exaggerating or lying’ about conditions she’s under, Azalea said
- Azalea said Jamie’s handling of her conservatorship ‘should be illegal’
- The pair performed song at the Billboard Music Awards in May of that year
- The Aussie star said Jamie forced her to sign an NDA prior to performing
The Aussie rapper, 31, supported the pop star’s claims she is in an ‘abusive’ situation, taking to Twitter to tell fans Spears was ‘not exaggerating or lying’ about her father’s treatment while posting under the #FreeBritney hashtag.
In a lengthy post, Azalea stood by Spears and wrote: ‘Its basic human decency to at the very least remove a person Britney has identified as abusive from her life. This should be illegal.’
Speaking up: Iggy Azalea says she ‘personally witnessed’ Britney Spears father Jamie Spears control her life while they worked together in 2015 and also claims he forced her to sign an NDA to perform with Spears. They’re seen at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards above
Talking about their work on the song Pretty Girls together, Iggy said: ‘During the time we worked together in 2015, I personally witnessed the same behavior Britney detailed in regards to her father last week and I just want to back her up and tell the world that: She is not exaggerating or lying.
‘I saw her restricted from even the most bizarre and trivial things: like how many sodas she was allowed to drink. Why is that even Necessary?
‘Her father conveniently waited until literally moments before our [Billboard Music Awards] performance when I was backstage in the dressing room and told me if I did not sign an NDA he would not allow me on stage.
‘The way he went about getting me to sign a contract, sounded similar to the tactics Britney spoke about last week in regards to her Las Vegas show.
‘Jamie Spears has a habit of making people sign documents while under Duress it seems, and Britney Spears should not be forced to co-exists with that man when she’s made it clear it is negatively impacting her mental health.
‘This is not right at all,’ she concluded.