Nothing funny about those outfits! Comedians Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler lead worst-dressed stars at semi-virtual Golden Globes – as A-listers show off fashion fails from home and the red carpet
- The 78th annual Golden Globes are being held amid the ongoing pandemic – and many awards will be presented remotely
- Some presenters walked a socially-distant red carpet in Los Angeles, while nominees took photos of themselves posing in their gowns at home
- While a few hit the fashion nail on the head, others missed the mark completely, including presenters Amy and Tina, as well as comedian Maya, who wore a very over-the-top floral look
- Cynthia Erivo turned heads for all the wrong reasons in a structured highlighter-green dress
- Best actress nominee Andra Day’s Chanel dress looked as though it was made from old fishing nets, while Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist star Jany Levy’s hole-ridden gown appeared to have been attacked by moths
This year’s Golden Globes looked very different in light of the ongoing pandemic – but one thing remained constant at the awards ceremony: the plethora of fashion fails being flaunted by celebrities, both on the red carpet and at home throughout the semi-virtual event.
Returning hosts Amy Poehler and Tina Fey led the sub-par style at this year’s ceremony, with both women putting on a very dreary show in lackluster black ensembles that did little to flatter their figures, and appeared entirely effortless for all the wrong reasons.
Amy, 49, wore a glittering black turtleneck dress with thick opaque tights that made it look more like she was getting ready for a night out at a trashy club rather than an evening at one of Hollywood’s most prestigious events.
Fashion flop: Golden Globes presenters Amy Poehler and Tina Fey led the worst-dressed celebrities appearing at this year’s socially-distanced ceremony in unflattering and lackluster black ensembles
Garish: Cynthia Erivo’s highlighter-green dress was incredibly bright, and the structured shape made it look more like a Halloween costume than a Hollywood gown
Over-the-top: Maya Rudolph’s very vibrant floral dress was more eyesore than elegant, and the mid-calf hemline wasn’t particularly flattering
Lady in red: Pre-show host Zuri Hall’s look worked wonders when it came to showcasing her enviable figure, but the tiny top teetered on the edge of trashy, and the textured skirt was incredibly distracting
Holy moly: Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist star Jany Levy’s Oscar De La Renta dress looked as though it had been attacked by moths thanks so the large holes, while the black ribbon-esque embellishments looked very out of place
Yo ho ho! Best actress nominee Andra Day’s Chanel dress had a very nautical theme – but rather than lending a chic edge, it simply made the design look as though it had been made from an old fishing net
On the upside… The actress’ makeup look was absolutely stunning, but the dress did little to complement her beauty
Baring it all: Actress Kiersey Clemons posed in her Golden Globes look at home, rather than on the red carpet, but the professional shoot did little to conceal the very risque slit and cut-out detailing on her dress
Too bright? Spike Lee’s son Jackson decided to pose in orange-tinted sunglasses on the red carpet, which gave his kimono look something of a comical feel