Elliott Wright has rebuilt his Marbella restaurant Olivia’s La Cala in just three months after it was destroyed by a devastating ‘arson attack’ in April.
The former TOWIE star, 41, showed off the incredible results of the popular venue’s revamp on Friday evening as diners enjoyed a night out.
Elliott, who is the cousin of Mark Wright, took to Instagram as he wondered through the restaurant showing off the swanky new bar area, live singing act and smart outdoor seating.
Change: Elliott Wright has rebuilt his Marbella restaurant Olivia’s La Cala in just three months after it was destroyed by a devastating ‘arson attack’ in April (pictured in the burnt down venue)
Wow! The former TOWIE star, 41, showed off the incredible results of the popular venue’s revamp on Friday evening as diners enjoyed a night out
The blaze hit the restaurant on Spain’s Costa Del Sol at 5.30am on Monday 26 April, just weeks after the celebrity’s father died from Covid-19 at the age of 66.
On Friday Elliott also shared cousin Jess Wright’s story, which showed the crowd at the eatery.
She captioned the post: ‘So immensely proud of my cousin @elliottwright_. Against all the odds, he’s not only done it in a few months but made it even better. I cannot wait to come to @olivia_la_cala.’
In another story, he shared a clip of the space and wrote: ’12 week complete rebuild is officially complete.’
Transformation: Elliott, who is the cousin of Mark Wright, took to Instagram as he wondered through the restaurant showing off the swanky new bar area, live singing act and smart outdoor seating
Venue: The rebuilt outdoor area features swanky see-through blue flooring and a bar with neon lights
Last month the star announced his new plans for Olivia’s as he shared a snap to his Instagram page of a new logo and explained his dreams of having a Turkish restaurant on the top floor of the venue.
He wrote in the caption: ‘I’m so excited for this, for a few years I’ve been thinking of this new concept and sometimes in life things get pushed forward unintentionally.
‘And very fitting to launch it off the back of what has happened, I said the relaunch would make the project so much better and to add a new restaurant based on the top floor of @olivias_la_cala with its amazing views, I can’t wait for you all to see it.
Family: He also shared cousin Jess Wright’s story, which showed the crowd at the eatery as she said she was ‘immensely proud’ of her cousin
Sad: The blaze hit the restaurant on Spain’s Costa Del Sol at 5.30am on Monday 26 April, just weeks after the celebrity’s father died from Covid-19 at the age of 66
‘And what better name then something born out of the ashes then phoenix.. in Turkish ANKA KUSU.. launching in a few weeks.. I look forward to seeing you all here.’
Back in May Elliott admitted that he was struggling to remain ‘positive’ as he rebuilt his burnt down Marbella restaurant.
He took to Instagram to issue an update as he admitted he had encountered a ‘few issues’ with the repair work.
Filming a video of the destroyed restaurant and a team of workers clearing the rubble on site, the reality star said: ‘I’d say it’s been a productive day but it’s difficult to be positive all the time. Been a few issues today.
Struggles: Back in May Elliott admitted that he was struggling to remain ‘positive’ as he rebuilt his burnt down Marbella restaurant
‘One of my roofs need to come down, that’s gonna put me back a week, which is obviously very upsetting for me, but we’re all pushing on.
‘It’s a bad day today, to be honest with you. I’m trying to be positive, but at times it’s a bit tough.’
Trying to remain positive amid the difficult time, Elliot continued: ‘Tomorrow is a new day, I’m going to try and be positive and try and crack on.
‘Today doesn’t seem to be a good one but I can’t be good all the time, it’s going to be tough – I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.’
Destroyed: He took to Instagram to issue an update as he admitted he had encountered a ‘few issues’ with the repair work
Elliot captioned the candid videos with: ‘Ups and downs… a bumpy road ahead… but please God we will get there.’
It came after the star was seen surveying his burned down Marbella restaurant with a demolition team in April.
He told his followers at the time the celebrity hotspot had burnt down in the early hours, which he believes was a targeted attack.
Elliott recently thanked fans for sending him ‘thousands’ of supportive messages after his restaurant was ripped apart by a devastating fire.
The blaze hit Olivia’s restaurant on Spain’s Costa Del Sol at 5.30am on Monday 26 April, just weeks after the celebrity’s father died from Covid-19 at the age of 66.
The video, taken by Elliott at the time, shows the devastated star walk through the restaurant near Marbella as he says ‘someone’s come and took my whole dream away’.
Spanish police officers have been charged with carrying out a ‘full investigation’ into the cause of the blaze, which the reality star has suggested was an arson attack carried out by a ‘scumbag’.
Speaking to supporters on Instagram, Elliot praised the huge response he had received from fans after revealing the shocking news.
Confirmation: Elliott took to Instagram to confirm the news in April with the ‘unbeaten’ star vowing to rebuild the venue ‘bigger and better’
‘I just want to do a little message to everybody that has been in touch with me since yesterday, since I asked for help,’ said the star.
‘Thousands upon thousands of messages, it is overwhelming the support you’ve all given me, I just want to say a massive thank you, it means a lot.’
Elliott however added that he was determined to rebuild the restaurant that had been his family’s ‘dream’ to have.
‘I’ve got a lot more energy today and I’m going to build it and really go for it and everyday is a good day and more of a challenge and I can’t wait. So thank you to everyone who has offered to help, I’ll try and make you proud, thank you very much.’
Spanish police have now opened an investigation into the blaze at Olivia’s La Cala restaurant near Marbella that is reported to have started at the entrance.
Tragic: The devastating news came just weeks after Elliott (centre left) lost his father Edward Wright (left), who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March
Civil Guard spokesman said that there is not yet any evidence to suggest the fire was started deliberately, and the investigation has been ordered purely as a fact-finding mission.
Three fire engines rushed to the scene along with police and paramedics as fire swept through the eatery, which opened with a glitzy ceremony attended by Elliott’s cousin Mark Wright and wife Michelle Keegan in August 2015.
Hours after the blaze was put out, Elliott recorded a video of himself walking around the restaurant’s shell, before pledging that he would have it reopened by summer.
‘So probably one of my worst videos I’ve ever made,’ he said.
‘My beautiful restaurant, my dream that I always dreamt of having, that I built six years ago, that was still work in progress, has been completely destroyed, absolutely destroyed. Devastated. And I can say now that it is arson.
‘Someone’s come and took my whole dream away, for whatever reason I’ll never know, because I don’t have any enemies as far as I’m aware, I didn’t think I did. Whether it’s jealousy or competition, it doesn’t really matter.’
The former reality TV star vowed to rebuild the restaurant, saying: ‘All that really matters is that I’m gonna rebuild it, and rise like a phoenix out of the ashes and rebuild my dream.
‘I don’t deserve this, my family don’t deserve this, my children don’t deserve this, it’s not fair.
Tough times: Elliott is pictured at his beloved restaurant with wife Sadie who recently suffered a devastating miscarriage
‘I haven’t ever caused any problems. I don’t know why it’s been done to me, the police are investigating and they will get over it and please God they catch them because whoever’s done it is a scumbag.
‘But I promise you this, I’m gonna rebuild it and I’m gonna build it bigger and better than it ever has been and I will do it in time for the summer, because if it’s been done thinking I’m not gonna be open for the summer, I will be open this summer.
‘I’m not going to be able to do it on my own, so if there’s any builders out there, decorators, plumbers, designers with furniture, get in touch because I need help and I want nothing for free, I just need help.’
Elliott wrote a lengthy caption alongside the post: ‘So yes my dream has been cruelly taken away from me by some spiteful nasty people, for what ever reason I will probably never know, all that matters really is that I will rebuild and WILL be back… @olivias_la_cala
‘2021 may be delayed more then we wanted… but we have all waited long enough, a little longer and we will be back with a bang.. I want to thank everyone who has came with offers of help or a simply kind messag.
‘I’ve genuinely been touched, including my Spanish community as well as the mayor Josele Gonzalez, you have all been amazing, you realise in time of trouble the people that are there for you…’
Elliott said that it was ‘too soon to say why’ the restaurant had gone up in flames. Officials said there were no causalities.
It came just weeks after he lost his father Edward Wright, who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March.
Fame: Elliott pictured during his time on The Only Way Is Essex with Chloe Sims. He appeared between 2010 and 2017