Dominion Voting Systems has said it will ‘imminently’ sue MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell for ‘tripling down’ on his election fraud claims.
An attorney representing the voting firm told The Daily Beast Tuesday: ‘He has doubled down and tripled down.’
Lindell has repeatedly pushed his voter fraud conspiracy theories; he released a movie called Absolute Proof which falsely claims a Chinese cyberattack ‘flipped’ the 2020 election.
The Dominion attorney added: ‘He has made himself a higher public profile with his documentary.’
There is no evidence of election fraud involving Dominion or any other entity, with dozens of lawsuits filed by Donald Trump and his supporters tossed and recounts coming up with the same vote counts.
The decision to sue Lindell comes weeks after Dominion filed a defamation lawsuit against Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who led the former president’s efforts to spread baseless claims about the 2020 election.
Lindell said Tuesday that being sued by Dominion would make him ‘so happy’.
Dominion Voting Systems has said it will ‘imminently’ sue MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, pictured at the White House in January, for ‘tripling down’ on his election fraud claims
He added: ‘That would so make my day because then they would have to go into discovery, and that would make my job a lot easier.
‘It’ll be faster for me to get to the evidence, and to show the people in the public record the evidence we have about these machines.’
Dominion say they wrote to the businessman in December and January over his false claims that their machines stole ‘millions of votes from’ Trump.
But Lindell continued to push his unfounded claims of election fraud. He said Tuesday he would be sharing another video on the matter in the coming days.
A monitor showing Dominion Voting Image Cast Central display tab is seen as Cobb County Election officials count ballots on a machine, Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2020, in Marietta, Ga
Earlier this month Newsmax host Bob Sellers stormed off camera as he tried to fact-check Lindell and stop him pushing unfounded claims about Dominion Voting Systems rigging the presidential election.
Sellers later made a groveling apology, calling Mike ‘a friend of the network’.
Twitter permanently banned Lindell’s account after he continued to perpetuate the baseless claim that Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
The social network decided to ban Lindell due to ‘repeated violations’ of its civic integrity policy, a spokesperson said in a statement.
YouTube and Vimeo then pulled his ‘documentary’ Absolute Proof from their platforms due to policies regarding the sharing of election misinformation.
Throughout the movie, Lindell offers no proof of the claims he makes, including the unsubstantiated allegations that Dominion software was manipulated to delete votes for Trump.
And major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s have said that they would stop carrying My Pillow’s products.
The decision to sue Lindell comes weeks after Dominion filed a defamation lawsuit against Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who led the former president’s efforts to spread baseless claims about the 2020 election
The company also filed an earlier lawsuit against pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, pictured
The Giuliani lawsuit, first reported at the end of January, seeks more than $1.3 billion in damages. The Denver-based company also filed an earlier lawsuit against pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell.
And senior Dominion employee, Eric Coomer, filed a defamation lawsuit against the Trump campaign, saying he had been driven into hiding because of death threats from the Republican’s supporters.
Dominion is one of the nation’s top voting machine companies and provided machines for the state of Georgia, the critical battleground that Biden won and which flipped control of the U.S. Senate.
The company faced such a mountain of threats and criticism that one of its top executives went into hiding.
Its suit is based on statements Giuliani made on Twitter, in conservative media and during legislative hearings where the former mayor of New York claimed the voting machine company conspired to flip votes to President Joe Biden.
Dominion’s lawsuit, filed in federal court in the District of Columbia, is among the first major signs of fallout for the former president’s allies and the failed effort to subvert the 2020 election that ended with a January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.
Giuliani said in a statement that Dominion’s lawsuit was intended to intimidate others from exercising their free speech rights.
There is no evidence of election fraud involving Dominion or any other entity, with dozens of lawsuits filed by Donald Trump and his supporters tossed and recounts coming up with the same vote counts
On February 4 Florida-based Smartmatic USA also announced it was suing Fox News, three of its hosts, as well as Giuliani and Powell – for $2.7 billion.
They charge that the defendants conspired to spread false claims that the company helped ‘steal’ the U.S. presidential election. The 285-page complaint filed in New York state court is one of the largest libel suits ever undertaken.
Unlike Dominion, whose technology was used in 24 states, Smartmatic’s participation in the 2020 election was restricted to Los Angeles County, which votes heavily Democratic.
Smartmatic’s limited role notwithstanding, Fox aired at least 13 reports falsely stating or implying the company had stolen the 2020 vote in cahoots with Venezuela’s socialist government, according to the complaint.
This alleged ‘disinformation campaign’ continued even after then-Attorney General William Barr said the Department of Justice could find no evidence of widespread voter fraud.
Twitter permanently banned Lindell’s account after he continued to perpetuate the baseless claim that Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election
Lindell said Tuesday that being sued by Dominion would make him ‘so happy’
For instance, a December 10 segment by Lou Dobbs accused Smartmatic and its CEO, Antonio Mugica, of working to flip votes through a non-existent backdoor in its voting software to carry out a ‘massive cyber Pearl Harbor,’ the complaint alleged.
‘Defendants´ story was a lie,’ the complaint stated. ‘But, it was a story that sold.’
The complaint also alleges that Fox hosts Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro also directly benefited from their involvement in the conspiracy.
The lawsuit alleges that Fox went along with the ‘well-orchestrated dance’ due to pressure from newcomer outlets such as Newsmax and One America News, which were stealing away conservative, pro-Trump viewers.
Fox News Media, in a statement on behalf of the network and its hosts, rejected the accusations. It said it is proud of its election coverage and would defend itself against the ‘meritless’ lawsuit in court.
Bartiromo, Dobbs and Pirro, as well as Fox News Media, are seeking dismissal of the case.