Bongino had originally received a week-long suspension on January 15 for sharing COVID-19 misinformation.
But the right-wing commentator breached the suspension period when he says he tried to upload a video titled: Why I’m Leaving YouTube.
YouTube reacted quickly, by issuing a permanent ban.
His channel had around 871,000 subscribers earlier this month.
Bongino has since announced on Twitter that he would be moving to Rumble – where his show’s platform has more than 2million subscribers. According to Boningo’s website, it claimed Rumble is YouTube’s ‘pro-speech competitor’ and one Boningo has invested in.
The 47-year-old’s suspension earlier this month reportedly stems from a video he had posted recently where he states masks are ‘useless’ for stopping the spread of the coronavirus.
Fox News host Dan Bongino (pictured) had his YouTube account permanently suspended after spreading misinformation over COVID-19
The Fox News host shared a linked to his website explaining that he tried to post a video on why he was leaving YouTube during his suspension theory. The talk show host will now be moving to Rumble
A YouTube spokesperson declined to reveal what remark specifically prompted Bongino’s suspension earlier this month.
Bongino was also demonetized for at least 30 days, per YouTube’s rules and guidelines.
YouTube also will not allow Bongino to create a new account and anything with his name in it will not be allowed either.
Earlier this month, YouTube removed Bongino’s channel from its Partner Program, which allows users to monetize their content through advertising for ‘repeatedly violating’ guidelines on harmful and dangerous acts due to his spread of coronavirus misinformation.
YouTube implemented the rule in 2020 to prohibit ‘content about COVID-19 that poses a serious risk of egregious harm.’
The video-sharing social media network doesn’t permit videos with medical misinformation that contradicts local health authorities, such as the World Health Organization.
Bongino shared a picture of an email (pictured) between himself and a YouTube representative named ‘Coco,’ and posted it to Twitter after his infraction earlier this month
The Fox News host shared a screenshot of an email between himself and a YouTube representative named ‘Coco’ after being suspended where he called the website, which is owned by Google, a ‘tyrannical, free speech-hating, bullshit, big tech s***hole.’
‘[I will] immediately post content on why masks have been totally ineffective in stopping this pandemic’ after his suspension is over, he told the representative, while daring YouTube to do something about it.
Bongino, a former 12-year veteran of the Secret Service who once defended former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, ran for congress in 2013.
‘I was behind the scenes for 12 years… I’ve been in the room during some of the most important conversations,’ Bongino told ABC News about the access he had to high-level discussions inside the White House at the time.
Last year, the Washington Post profiled Bongino and his wildly successful podcast and YouTube channel, comparing his riling of the conservative base with former right-wing pundit Rush Limbaugh.
Last year, Bongino feuded with his employer Cumulus Media over employee vaccinations and had even threatened to quit the show.
Earlier this year, hundreds demanded Joe Rogan’s podcast be removed from Spotify for spreading COVID-19 misinformation.
Rogan has been in and out of hot water for his controversial podcast, but the calls to remove his show came after releasing an episode with anti-vaxx doctor Robert Malone, who claimed the vaccines were ‘mass formation psychosis.’
Rogan, who signed a $100million deal with the streaming giant in May 2020, had the episode removed from YouTube, but it remains on Spotify.
Musician Neil Young recently gave Spotify an ultimatum to remove Rogan or remove his music and it expected that Young’s music will be removed from the platform.