Revealed: The four places in your home you should be cleaning with vinegar – and the simple method for tackling a dirty shower head
- A mum has shared her top favourite ways to use vinegar when cleaning
- In a TikTok video Carolina cleaned a range of areas around her home
- She used the vinegar to clean windows, the shower and washing machine
- Vinegar is a natural antibacterial used to kill unwanted germs
A mum-of-two has offered her ultimate guide to cleaning your home with vinegar.
In a new video she revealed four ways she uses vinegar to clean a range of areas around her home – including the bathroom and laundry.
Vinegar is known to be a common natural antibacterial used to kill unwanted germs from surfaces around the home and is a suitable alternative to using harsh chemicals.
Scroll down for video
In the short clip Carolina used the natural product to clean a range of areas around her home – including the bathroom and laundry
Many may often forget to clean the washing machine, which can be easily done by adding a cup of vinegar to all three detergent compartments and choosing a quick rinse cycle
First Carolina combined dish soap with vinegar in a spray bottle then applied it onto the tiles in the shower.
The combination of soap and vinegar worked to clean the shower and leave it sparkling clean after a quick scrub.
Of the four tips, the most interesting way to use vinegar is to soak the shower head in a bag of vinegar for a few minutes to remove ‘hard water’.
Many may often forget to clean the washing machine, which can be easily done by adding a cup of vinegar to all three detergent compartments and choosing a quick rinse cycle.
The vinegar will kill any unwanted bacteria and grime lurking in the barrel, leaving a sparkling shine.
Carolina also filled half a spray bottle with water and the remaining half with vinegar for the perfect window spray.
The homemade concoction can be used to leave windows streak-free and clean.
The video has since received more than 31,000 views, with many thanking Carolina for sharing the tips.
How to use vinegar to clean your home:
1. Combine equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle to clean windows
2. Combine a few squirts of dish soap in a spray bottle of vinegar to clean shower tiles
3. Add vinegar into the detergent compartments of washing machine to leave the barrel sparkling clean
4. Place the shower head into a bag of vinegar and tie with elastic band to remove any stains from ‘hard water’
Source: Carolina McCauley