Driven to distraction: Biden plays MARIO KART with his granddaughter Naomi, 26, after Donald Trump is acquitted in impeachment trial and his Deputy Press Secretary quits for threatening to ‘destroy’ reporter
- President Biden was seen playing Mario Kart in a video posted to social media by his granddaughter, Naomi
- The clip was uploaded just hours after President Trump was acquitted in his impeachment trial
- The President’s outing to a games arcade also came after his Deputy Press Secretary quit for threatening to ‘destroy’ a reporter
- It appeared Biden was eager for some distraction after the difficulty day
- He and wife, Jill, are known to spend quality time with their six grandchildren
President Biden spent Saturday evening playing Mario Kart with his grandchildren after Donald Trump was acquitted of inciting insurrection at his impeachment trial.
The Commander-in-chief, 78, looked to be blowing off steam following the political blow, as he gathered with his family at a games arcade in Washington, DC.
In a clip shared to Instagram Stories by his granddaughter, Naomi, 26, the President can be seen sitting at a Mario Kart Arcade GP console as he competes against another of his family members.
‘Secret Service made an exception and let him drive himself!!!’ Naomi captioned her short clip.
‘A little rusty, but he still won (barely),’ she added.
Biden can be seen cutting a casual figure in blue jeans and a baseball cap as he sits behind the wheel of the console.
It appears First Lady Jill Biden is hovering over him, with a blonde woman seen clad in a green parka and black leggings.
President Biden is known for spending time with his four granddaughters – Naomi, Finnegan, 21, Maisy, 20, and Natalie, 16. The girls affectionately call the President ‘pop’.
Meanwhile, Biden also two grandsons – Robert Jr, 14, and Beau Jr, ten months.
The President and First Lady are also grandparents to two-year-old Navy Joan Roberts – the product of their son Hunter’s brief affair with Arkansas stripper, Lunden Roberts. It is not believed the Bidens have met the little girl.