What Is the Cotai Strip Macau Exactly?
Casinos can be found all over Macau, some quite grand, others not so much. However, it is the Cotai Strip that is the hottest new development property in town. It is already littered with out-of-this-world integrated resorts that will blow the mind of every gambler that descends upon it. Every new resort that is being built there is bigger, more expensive, and more outrageously incredible than the last.
We realise that it might sound like a costly endeavour to visit the Macau Cotai Strip. However, it is suitable for all types of gambling travellers, should you properly plan in advance. The Strip itself might have you break the bank for a few nights in The Venetian or the City of Dreams resort, but a quick research on where to stay in Macau will yield plenty of budgetary options. Now, let’s dive into the gist of the article and break down all things worthy on the Cotai Strip.
Best Macau Cotai Strip Resorts by Type
The gargantuan resorts towering over the Macau Cotai Strip are packed with endless casino fun and an infinite number of entertainment opportunities. While the integrated complexes are huge, hopping from one to another is actually pretty easy and quick. So, before we dig into the gist of the Cotai Strip article, check out the following table, where we have singled out which resort you should turn your attention to, depending on what brings you to the Cotai Strip, in the first place.
The Best Cotai Strip Macau Resorts
We simply can’t go on without talking a bit about the Cotai Strip hotels and their gambling amenities. It is why we would be here, in the first place, right? Our following suggestions go above and beyond to deliver an unparalleled experience for the casino fans and regular guests who want to have an exciting and relaxed time away from the casino floor.
If you want to really splurge, it might cost you, but people say that you can’t put a price tag on the fun. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the cost of living in Macau is considerably less compared to other gambling hubs in Asia and the USA. So, if you combine your resort activities and dining with such outside of it, you can financially balance your overall trip to the Cotai Strip. Without further ado, let’s look at the best Macau Cotai Strip resorts in the following paragraphs:
The Venetian Macao
The Venetian Macao was opened in 2007, and despite being more than a decade old, to this very day, it remains as one of the most impressive and awe-inspiring casinos on the Cotai Strip map. With 51,000 m2 of gaming floor space, it is the 2nd largest casino in the world, trailing only the WinStar World Casino and Resort in Oklahoma, which is among the best casinos in the US not in Las Vegas.
Aside from the nearly 4200 slots and table games, visitors of this particular Cotai Strip Macao resort can stroll through the 150,000 m2 big shopping mall that resembles Venice to the last detail (there are even canals, on which you can rent out gondolas). Also, make sure to catch a show at the famous Cotai Arena or dine at one of the dozens of world-class restaurants and delis on the property.
- ☎️ Phone Number: +853 2882 8888
- 💻 Website: www.venetianmacao.com
- 📍 Address: s/n Estrada da Baia de Nossa Senhora da Esperanca, Macau
- 🎰 Number of Slots: 3400
- ♠️ Number of Table Games: 800
City of Dreams
The City of Dreams mega-resort is located just opposite the Venetian on the Cotai Strip map. With more than 2200 rooms divided across four hotel towers and approximately 39,000 m2 of gaming space, this is yet another casino complex that you won’t need to leave at all because it has everything. It is exactly thanks to resorts like these why the Cotai Strip Macau is among the top gambling destinations in Asia.
The City of Dreams has many one-of-a-kind activities to offer to its visitors in their leisure time. It boasts one of the largest bars in the whole of Macau, as well as one of the largest commercial pools in the world. So, once you are done checking the massive number of slots and table games, it won’t take you more than a few steps in any direction to find the next exciting activity for occupying your time.
- ☎️ Phone Number: +853 8868 6688
- 💻 Website: www.cityofdreamsmacau.com
- 📍 Address: Estr. do Istmo, Macau
- 🎰 Number of Slots: 1620
- ♠️ Number of Table Games: 465
Studio City Macau
One of the more recent additions to the Cotai Strip hotels chain, but equally impressive, the Studio City resort is a Hollywood-inspired destination for the whole family. It lies next to the newly built Macau LRT line, directly linking the resort with the Taipa Ferry Terminal. It’s very convenient for the gambling enthusiasts that are wondering how to get from Hong Kong to Macau, for example.
Studio City features a huge entertainment centre backed up by DC Comics and Time Warner Inc, the Warner Brothers Fun Zone for the children, the Legend Heroes Park performance arena, one of the biggest water parks in the world, and a Ferris wheel (more on both a bit later). It doesn’t only sound like a casino destination heaven, but it truly is one.
- ☎️ Phone Number: +853 8865 8888
- 💻 Website: www.studiocity-macau.com
- 📍 Address: Estr. do Istmo, Macao
- 🎰 Number of Slots: 768
- ♠️ Number of Table Games: 160
If you ever wonder what %3.5 billion could build you, look no further than the MGM Cotai. The colossal 1390-room resort is the crown jewel of all properties on the Cotai Strip simply because it is the newest and shiniest of them all. 1500 slot machines, 177 table games, exquisite dining, never-before-seen art garden – which is also the largest in the world, if we may add – bars, pools, non-stop entertainment. Do you need something else to convince you why you should pin this place on the Cotai Strip map?
- ☎️ Phone Number: +853 8806 8888
- 💻 Website: www.mgm.mo
- 📍 Address: Avenida Da Nave Desportiva, Cotai, Macau
- 🎰 Number of Slots: 1500
- ♠️ Number of Table Games: 177
The Parisian Macao
Another set of 2700 rooms, but this one is designed to mimic the modern side of French architecture and style, as its name suggests. If the half-scale Eiffel Tower that’s right in front of it does not give it away, believe us, you will be convinced the minute you set foot in the lobby. It may be all French, but a classic game of French Roulette is far from being the only table you can test your luck on while visiting the gaming floor.
You will get to experience all types of casino games, and much similar to the rest of the Cotai Strip Macau resorts, it will be accompanied by a 5-star service and features. If luxury is what you crave, then look no further than this landmark resort on the Macau Cotai Strip.
- ☎️ Phone Number: +853 2882 8833
- 💻 Website: www.parisianmacao.com
- 📍 Address: Lote 3, Strip, SAR, P.R. China, Estr. do Istmo, Macau
- 🎰 Number of Slots: 1600
- ♠️ Number of Table Games: 410
Must-Try Cotai Strip Attractions
The Cotai Strip in Macau may be all about the casinos and endless possibilities of hitting the jackpot. Still, it is an equally thrilling place for everybody that hasn’t been bitten by the casino fairy as hard. It won’t take much research to find out that each resort – as we have mentioned already – is jam-packed with unique attractions for all ages. So, when planning your future visit to the Cotai Strip in Macao or have finished the responsible casino gambling aspect of your trip, make sure to add the following attractions to your bucket list:
- The Golden Reel – The centrepiece of the Studio City resort, the Golden Reel is a unique 8-shaped Ferris wheel that connecting the complex’s main towers. It is also the highest one in the world, reaching up to 130 meters above the ground. If you are looking for an unforgettable vista over the Cotai Strip (especially at dusk), do not miss the chance to ride at one of the Art Deco pods.
- Dancing Water Theatre – A theatre in the round experience unlike anything you have seen before, the shows hosted at the venue with one of the biggest commercial pools in the world incorporate various water and fire effects. Combining it with the acrobats creates a stunning entertainment piece that will leave a forever lasting impression in your mind.
- Wynn Palace Skycab – The Skycab at the Wynn Palace on the Cotai Strip is a must for every visitor that wants to appreciate the beauty of the human mind from a different angle. The lift ascends and circles the famous dancing fountain: a Wynn staple. You get to marvel at the beautifully synchronised water and music effects from the comfort of the Skycab. As a bonus, get a different perspective on the towering Cotai Strip hotels nearby. Secure a visit around sunset. The sun’s reflection in Wynn Palace’s glassy exterior will leave you speechless.
- The Spectacle – The Spectacle is an atrium to be found at the MGM Cotai. It is another Guinness record holder for having the largest self-supporting gridshell glazed roof in the world. Moreover, the vast open space is home to one of the biggest art programme installation shows covering 25 huge screens. Combine this with the non-stop shows and performances from various artists and multimedia and dozens of cafes and bars, and what you get is a must-visit free attraction for anyone in the vicinity of the MGM Cotai Strip Macao resort.
- Egg Tarts – For all the foodies out there, we realise that egg tarts might not be what you perceive as an attraction, but one can argue that delicious and traditional food can be exactly that. The Portuguese egg tarts are an integral part of the cuisine and history of the Cotai Strip and Macau. Top places to try the most delicious ones? Lord Stow’s Bakery and Margaret’s Café e Nata!
The Cotai Strip vs The Las Vegas Strip
To emphasise the importance of the Cotai Strip for the industry and just how much of a casino powerhouse it is, we decided to pit the most significant pieces of gambling land against one another and let you be the judge of who the crowning champion is.
Most people recognise the Las Vegas Strip as the ultimate and most exciting casino destination. While this used to be true some years ago, it appears that the Macau Cotai Strip has different plans. However, we will let the numbers in the following table do all the talking and leave for you to decide which Strip is the best one.
|Highlight||The Las Vegas Strip||The Cotai Strip|
|🏨 Number of Hotels:||30||14|
|🎰 Number of Casinos:||30||14|
|🛏️ Number of Hotel Rooms:||143.000||60.000|
|🛬 Number of Tourists:||41 Million||15 Million|
|💸 Annual Gambling Revenue:||$13.6 Billion||$33.6 Billion|
|🗺️ Size:||6.2 km long||5.8 km2|
Common Cotai Strip Questions and Answers
We hope our article got you pumped up and excited about visiting the Cotai Strip Macao, especially if you are a gambling enthusiast. Before moving on to checking the best flight ticket deals to Macau International Airport, take a few extra minutes to go through the most common questions and answers regarding the Cotai Strip hotels and area.